Part-time position available for exceptional candidate to help lead Louisville’s non-profit bike co-operative with a vision for the future and collaboration with dedicated and tenured volunteers.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Falls City Community BikeWorks programs, fundraising activities, expansion and execution of its mission. The ideal candidate will initially develop deep knowledge of core programs and operations before creating a strategic plan to carry us into the future.
Roles & Responsibilities
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing program excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals approved by the board.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction
- Recruit, develop, and retain FCCB volunteers.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
- Improve all aspects of communications—from web and social media presence to external relations — with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships within Louisville to gain new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Design an aggressive comprehensive fundraising plan, including annual campaign.
- Develop strategic plan with Board of Directors input, executable over the next 2 years.
- Build and expand partnerships with corporations, political and community leaders. Deepen relationships with funders to create sustainable funding resources.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to FCCB mission. All candidates should have leadership and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor degree, ideally in leadership, management or communications or at least 2 years of fundraising experience; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Proficiency in organizational management with the ability to coach and manage staff and volunteers, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Experience working with volunteers and/or a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Dedicate 20-25 hours per week to the mission
- Other duties as needed
Applicants: Please submit a letter of application, a resume, and three professional references in PDF format to email@example.com.